October Newsletter


I hope you all had a lovely, relaxing Summer! The weather seems to be cooling down a little bit so most of my chocolate items will be back on the menu. If you want to try my chocolate fudge, now is the time to order it.


As of this week I am accepting bookings for my next Cookery Course. This time the theme will be festive meals. The topics covered include Soups, Biscuits, Pates, Pasta and of course Desserts! The course starts on Monday 26th October at 5.30pm till 7.30pm. Seating is limited so be sure to book as soon as possible.


For those of you who follow my recipes on the various media, may I remind you that Kcina Ma' Christine starts this week and I will be on every Thursdays 12pm (noon) on NET TV. Also, watch out for my Halloween recipes in this month's edition of Best Buy Supplement, out with The Times on Wednesday 14th October.


I also want to invite you all to view my blog and the new function that I have. If you click on the
"Follow Me"
button on the right hand side, you will automatically receive updates to the recipes I upload on my blog, so I invite you all to go and click on this new function.


Did you know?......... Varieties!

  • A warm summer followed by a damp September results in a bumper year for funghi. There are close to 40,000 varieties of mushrooms. The largest living organism ever found is a honey mushroom, Armillaria ostoyae. It covers 3.4 square miles of land in the Blue Mountains of eastern Oregon, and it's still growing.
  • There are at least 10,000 varieties of tomatoes.
  • There are about 30 species of mint and almost 500 varieties, including peppermint, spearmint, apple mint, orange mint, Spanish mint, pineapple mint, ginger mint, mackerel mint, lamb mint, horsemint, lemon mint, pennyroyal, water mint, chocolate mint, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!